Consulting and engineering services are provided for characterization of mine waste materials with respect to Acid Rock Drainage (ARD) prediction. This includes: site investigation and sampling; sample preparation; petrographic analysis; scanning electron microscopy (SEM); x-ray diffractometry (XRD); electron probe microanalysis (EPMA) and report preparation.
Typical Services include
- mineralogical characterization
- interpretation of degree of sulphide oxidation
- interpretation of available mineralogical neutralization capacity
- investigation of attenuation of metals by mineralogical sinks
- prediction of potential for further mineralogical alteration